Hey GRADA, I'm working on organizing a USAU Coaching Clinic and am in need of two things.
First, a LOCATION! The clinic is scheduled for March 15th and I need a place with classroom space and field (or gym) space for the day. There is a small budget for facility rental, but a school that is willing to "donate" the space is ideal.
Second, I would love to have a co-organizer for the event to help me out with details as we get closer to the clinic. If you are interested or know someone who is email me email@example.com or find me on facebook.
Board elections are right around the corner, and we've got 7 great candidates all vying for a chance to help shape GRADA for the next two years. They are (in alphabetical order):
Click on a candidate's name to see their platform statement, and learn more about what they'd like to do for the GRADA community!
The election will be held at this year's Annual Meeting/Party on November 8th.
Due to field availability issues, we've had to make some last-minute changes to our schedule for tonight's Friday Night Flight games.
Please check the game schedule to find out where and when your regularly-scheduled game is happening.
We apologize for the inconvenience. See you on the fields tonight!
- Save the date: Friday, November 8 - Grada annual meeting and end of the year party. More info to follow soon!
- Board elections will take place on the night of the meeting party. If you are interested in running for a spot on the board, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest by September 28 (You will then be asked to write a brief platform statement by October 1.) If you have any questions about what being a board member entails, feel free to contact any board member.
- Spirit Award - If you would like to nominate a Grada member who exhibits spirit of the game on and off the field, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with an explanation of why this person deserves this award. Nominations should be sent by October 1. (Note: To be on the ballot, a nominee needs to receive at least two nominations.)
FYI - Current board members whose terms are up this year: Christine Purtell, Sean Donellan, Val Garrison, Dan Bell
Board members who will continue to serve next year: Scott Franklin, Joe Becker, Mike Rhoda, Matt Michaels, Brian Garrison
Now that summer league has come to a close, it is time to look forward to our Fall Season!
Registration is officially open for ALL leagues. That's Sunday Draft, Sunday Coed, Friday Night Flight Open, and Friday Night Flight Elite Coed.
Here's a little bit of information about each league:
Sunday Fall Fun Draft
Our only Draft league during the fall season, this is a fun, spirited league that falls somewhere between a recreational and intermediate level of play. Cost is $15 and is open to EVERYONE!!
Sunday Coed BYOT League
Sunday BYOCT is a mandatory 4:3 Coed league on Sunday Mornings. Players must be invited to play on an already registered team, or may register their own team.
Friday Night Flight OPEN
Played under the lights every Friday Night, this is the highest level of Open play we offer! This is an Open BYOT format league, so you must be invited to play on a team before registering, or register your own team.
Friday Night Flight ELITE COED
The highest level of Coed play, only the top 8 finishing teams from our Spring Fling Coed League will be invited to play in this league.
So Choose your destiny, and We'll see you on the Fields!
WHAT: Zodiac Tournament 2013! Teams will be once again created using the Chinese Zodiac calendar.
WHEN: September 21-22, 2013 (i.e., NOT the same weekend as Regionals!!
WHERE: RIT/ Crittenden
WHERE SHOULD YOU STAY:
There is currently a block of 15 rooms reserved for us at a group rate of $99/ night at the Holiday Inn Express, 2835 Monroe Ave in Rochester. The number to call is (585) 784-8400.
REGISTRATION... PLEASE NOTE TIME CHANGE!!
- ...will open for our Canadian friends on WEDNESDAY, AUG 7 AT 12AM (please note that this is what most people think of as Tuesday night at midnight)!
- ...will open for the American peeps on FRIDAY, AUG 9 at 12AM (again, usually regarded as Thursday night)!!
HOW MUCH: Tournament fee will be $55. This will cover food at the fields (team boxes of fruit/ bagels + Saturday dinner), moisture-wicking, eye-catching team shirts, and unlimited memories. It will also leave some leftover to be donated to our charitable organization...
What is our CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION, you ask??
The ALS Therapy Development Institute will be the recipient of any "profits" we make. Check our their homepage here: http://www.als.net/
Time for another edition of 7 on the Line, a seven question interview series highlighting various members of the GRADA community.
In this episode, we fire off our seven questions at Mike Ray, a perennial captain of both Recreational and Int-B summer leagues, with no shortage of personality. Click through to listen!
7 on the Line is hosted by our league director Matt Michaels, and produced by our director of outreach and marketing, Matt Leonard.
Don't forget to register for this year's TJ Hat Tournament!
This year's TJ Hat Tournament will be held on Saturday, August 10th at Ellison Park. Even teams will be drafted based on individual skill level.
Registration can be found under the tournaments tab, listed above!
In addition to games, we will be running several smaller events to help raise fund's for this year's charity: the Friedreich's Ataxia Research Alliance.
- 50/50 raffle - half the proceeds go to the winner, and the other half is donated
- Silent auction - items will be up for bidding throughout the tournament. Items include tickets to the upcoming KE$HA concert, Rochester City Ballet tickets, customized trucker hats, and much much more! Expect a full list on the Tournament page soon!
- Speed throw Competition!
- RPS Dunk Tank!
Registration is free for any 2013 GRADA Summer league player with a coupon code, and $25 for all others. While it is free to play, we would greatly appreciate any and all donations that can be made to the cause. UltimateCentral, the organization that manages our leagues, has graciously offered to donate back the percentage they take from registrations and donations, so rest assured that 100% of your donation will go to FARA!
About the Tournament
This Year’s Cause
In what only can be described as an unfortunate attempt at achieving "inbox zero", we've managed to lose the name of the talented person who brought us this wonderful jersey design:
Isn't it awesome? We'd love to know who did it so we can bestow all the well-deserved prizes this artist deserves. If you submitted this design, please email our fearless email deleter / Director of Leagues, Matt Michaels, at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize.